Games

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Awesome Artists in my Life!

IANTHE JACKSON

So during the last 18 months, the community of artists helped me to focus.  

Ianthe Jackson, an  artist who I've known from a previous life,  started having art classes via zoom and I signed Hiro up for a few of the drawing classes.  We got some of his friends involved, and it was a nice hour each week to watch him creating or drawing with other kids, albeit on line. 

These two awesome creative kits are some of her works that combines her lovely drawings and creative sensibilities into kits of FUN!


If you'd like to order one, here's the link to her store!

And here's her website to see other artworks by Ianthe!


**********************************************

DEREK HAFFAR

Another awesome artist that I am proud to be in an orbit with is Derek.


This is him: "I am an undisciplined interdisciplinary artist, I work on projects and go down wormholes that result in the pieces and works that you will see here. These pieces I see as a byproduct of my explorations but I am taking the time during this Covid lockdown to revisit, revise and finish some of the works that have never been resolved. I am currently lost in it all including, Covid and politics in which I weave it into my work. It is reflected in the plaster portraits and the wire figures with masks directly. It will show up more in a shadow project I am working on parallel to the revisions of older works.

I am a trained mold maker, educator and writer. I am in love with the physical act of making art. I love looking at it, being part of it and being immersed in it. A fan of collaborative making."

We make a point to check in with one another and have shared our "made up games" through out the past months. The beautiful Prufrock card deck is a lovely way to reimagine a way to play cards.


To get a deck of your own go to his website, where you can see more of his works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Artists in my Life!

IANTHE JACKSON So during the last 18 months, the community of artists helped me to focus.   Ianthe Jackson, an  artist who I've known fr...