Games

Friday, January 8, 2021

Happy Holidays!

 

Credit...

I just read that PeeWee Herman has over 3000 people on his holiday mailing list. Wow, I think as I sit and  print and glue and cut and seal and stamp my mere 300 cards.  He's supporting the postal service 10 times more than me!

As the last of my end of year task is stuffed into the blue metal bin on the corner, I think back to the dark, bleak card from last year...when we didn't think it could get any worse.  As I constructed my card this year, it seemed to be taunting me, saying...."guess again sucker!  it's get worse, Way WORSE!!!"

last year's card

I really did think it was going to get better last year at this date, hoping for  rosy outlooks after the upcoming November elections, where things would get back to "normal". That card was composed before Covid, before the lock down, before the insane, greedy, unethical behavior of not only the asshole in the white house, but all his followers refused to see facts and follow ethical, moral behavior.  But taking moral high grounds and thinking better of ourselves, in the blue bubble is where we tend to get disappointed over and over. 

this years card.
So instead of going darker and bleeker, as this year has been, I thought I'd go a bit of the parody route with the image on my card. LIFE IS A FUCKING CIRCUS!- (and by the way the reason I was a week late in getting my cards out this year was because I was trying to decide if I should use the F word in the first sentence of my Holiday Card, vacilitating back and forth...and decided it might not be a good thing to do.)

So here it is, and the text in its entirety with a different F word up front: 






 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Awesome Artists in my Life!

IANTHE JACKSON So during the last 18 months, the community of artists helped me to focus.   Ianthe Jackson, an  artist who I've known fr...